Village of Dering Harbor
Architectural Review Board
May 14th, 2022, 9:00AM
- The meeting was called to order at 9:03am
- Attendance- Susannah Rose (ARB chairperson), Mickey Kostow, Bridg Hunt, absent- Stephanie Deutsch, George Birman; Wayne Bruyn (village attorney). Vicki Shields (village clerk), Amy Thomas (Flynn Stenography), Annmarie Seddio, Jack Thielberg, Alfredo Paredes, Rob Ferris, Melinda Carroll.
- A motion to accept the minutes from the March 4th meeting was made by Mickey and seconded by Bridg. All Board members present voted in favor.
- Old Business
- Continuation of Public Hearing – Building Permit Application
Submitted by Annmarie Seddio (property owner)
SCTM# 701 – 1 – 3 – 21.1
Street Address: 2 Dering Woods Road, Dering Harbor
Building permit application for new construction of a 2-story dwelling, garage, and swimming pool.
Annmarie presented an example of the Enviro roofing material. She is also considering a product manufactured by Brava but they could not get her a sample in time for the meeting. Her hope is that this roofing material is seen as a good compromise between real cedar and an asphalt roof. Mickey commented that it’s good to see the thickness and that it would cast a shadow. Susannah asked if it comes in different colors. Annmarie said it does. That it comes in a silver color, which is lighter than the sample they were able to send her.
No questions from the board.
- Alfredo Paredes agreed with Mickey about the shadow. He also said he thinks the color should match what can be found in the village.
- Susannah read a letter that Stephanie Deutsch asked to be read. The letter was made part of the record.
- Susannah read a letter that George Birman asked to be read. The letter was made part of the record.
- Bridg said he is comfortable with the new material and the asphalt roof.
- Mickey agreed with Bridg and thanked the applicant for working with the board.
- Susannah said she agrees with Alfredo and thinks the lighter color would be a better choice. Mickey agreed.
After a discussion regarding the roofing material and asking the applicant to submit a specific sample of the color they are going to use, a motion to approve the following resolution was made by Susannah and seconded by Mickey. All 3 Board members present voted in favor, 3-0. Motion passed.
RESOLVED, that the application of the Annmarie Seddio Revocable Trust to construct a single family dwelling, with attached garage, roof deck, swimming pool, and patio on a 3.1016 acre parcel shown as Lot 2 on the filed Map of Dering Woods, as depicted on the plans and elevations prepared by August H. Muff, R.A., consisting of 5 sheets, last revised on 3/12/22 be and hereby are APPROVED, with the following conditions:
- As presented by the applicant, the roofing material shall be a synthetic cedar shake in the color “silvered cedar” manufactured by Enviroshake. Applicant shall submit manufacturer’s specifications and a sample to the Building Inspector.
- Applicant shall submit a revised survey based on the updated plans.
- As per Section 230-65 G (1) of the village code, the applicant shall submit 3 original sets of the plans depicting all revisions and conditions herein for the chairperson’s signature.
- Tennis court fence material and specifications amending his building permit application previously approved on April 23rd, 2022.
Submitted by Yoshimi Kono (property owner)
SCTM# 701 – 1 – 3 – 16.3
Street Address: 3 Dering Woods Lane, Dering Harbor
Rob Ferris, as an ARB alternate, joined the board to hear this application.
There were no public comments.
- Bridg, Mickey, and Rob all commented that they are comfortable with and in favor of the new fence material.
A motion to accept the tennis court specifications as submitted was made by Mickey and seconded by Rob. All Board members present voted in favor, 4-0. Motion passed.
- Next meeting date cannot happen on June 11th, 2022. A new meeting date would be chosen if a meeting was needed.
- A motion to adjourn at 9:25am was made by Susannah and seconded by Rob. All Board members present voted in favor.