VILLAGE OF DERING HARBOR
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
March 18, 2017
Prepared by Deputy Mayor Heather E.G. Brownlie, Esq.
In Attendance: Mayor Timothy M. Hogue;
Trustees: Heather E.G. Brownlie, Esq. and Richard Smith.
Village Attorney: Joseph W. Prokop, Esq.
Village Residents: Marian Brownlie, Esther Hunt, Bridgford A. Hunt, Rob Ferris, Karen Kelsey, Devon Cross, and Michael Kostow.
Also Present: Judy Card of Binder Pools representing L. Jay Cross and Devon Cross
I. Mayor Hogue opened the Trustees meeting at 10:06 a.m.
II. Review of the Minutes from the February 18, 2017 Meeting.
A. Motion to approve the Minutes from February 18, 2017 made by Heather Brownlie with a second by Richard Smith. Motion carried unanimously.
III. Review of the Bills from February 2017
A. Mayor Hogue noted the line item for H2M which was for work on the water tank
B. Village has already received reimbursement from New York State for the expense
C. Motion by Richard Smith with a second by Heather Brownlie to approve the February 2017 bills. Motion carried unanimously.
A. Deer Management
1. Village working with the Town of Shelter Island on Nuisance Hunting Program
2. Several Village property owners have offered their parcels of land for hunting
3. Hunting Season divided into different seasons for different hunting types
B. Water Tank Progress Report
1. Bid RFP sent out for obtaining a new Water Tank
2. Bid responses expected by the next meeting
1. Bridgford A. Hunt on behalf of the Village has set up a prototype website
2. Website information: https://deringharborvillage.org/
3. Not an interactive site – no comments or requests to be made through website
4. Adding content is a simple process
5. Scalable for ease of viewing on a cell phone or a desktop
6. Tab for Draft Legislation being considered/upcoming public hearing materials
D. New Building Permit Application – L. Jay Cross and Devon Cross
1. Application to remove exiting pool and add a new pool in new location
2. Add French doors and add a section of deck to match existing deck
3. Swimming Pool Hedge Fence with five gates also proposed with application
4. Existing hedge located on Village Property and needs further review – no action
1. Public Hearing to be held at the next meeting on the Proposed Budget
2. Proposed Budget to be added to the website for review in advance of next mtg
3. Public Hearing at next meeting to review Tax Cap Legislation to exceed 2% cap
V. Date for next meeting set for April 15, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
VI. Motion to adjourn the Trustees Meeting made by Richard Smith with a second by Heather Brownlie. Motion carried unanimously.
Meeting adjourned at 10:36 a.m.
[ARB Meeting 10:40am – 11:11 a.m.]
Mayor Hogues re-opened the Trustees Meeting at 11:12 a.m. to further discuss the Cross Application
A. Motion to resume the Trustees meeting made by Heather Brownlie with a second by Richard Smith. Motion carried unanimously.
B. Mayor Hogue will work with the applicant for re-submittal and re-review of the hedge fence portion of the application to include the gates.
C. Executive Session
1. Motion to go into Executive Session made by Tim Hogue with a second by Heather Brownlie. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Executive Session held from 11:14 a.m. to 11:16 a.m.
3. Motion to come out of Executive Session made by Heather Brownlie, and seconded by Richard Smith. Motion carried unanimously.
VII. Motion to adjourn the Trustees Meeting made by Richard Smith with a second by Heather Brownlie. Motion carried unanimously.
Meeting adjourned at 11:17 a.m.