Village of Dering Harbor
Board of Trustees
Special Meeting Minutes
August 30th, 2021, 11:00am
● The meeting was called to order at 9:12am
● Attendance: Patrick Parcells (mayor), Trustees Karen Kelsey, Brad Goldfarb, Ari Benacerraf, Brandon Rose, Vicki Shields (clerk), Susan Dempsey (Shelter Island Reporter)
● The purpose of the meeting- to consider bids for repair of the exterior of Village Hall.
○ Brad explained the village had received 2 bids for repairs to the exterior of Village hall.
■ One from Chris Chobor Construction Inc. in the amount of $85,250.00
■ The other from A1 Construction Services, Inc. in the amount of $342,000.000
○ Patrick confirmed with Brad that the project includes repairing areas of rot, siding, shutters (some may be replaced if needed) and then painting.
○ Patrick asked Brad what Mr. Chobor’s timing is in terms of being able to start the project. Brad said he wasn’t sure.
○ Susan asked if there is handicap access to village hall. Patrick said that the back door is used for that purpose sometimes. Susan asked if this project will require the village to upgrade its handicap access to village hall. Karen said no, since the scope of the work is to repair and replace what is already existing. Susan also asked if there are plans to fix the walkway. Patrick said yes but not yet. The improvements that need to be made to village hall will need to be made in stages, including repairs to the interior of village hall.
● A motion to accept the bid from Chris Chobor, Inc, and authorize Patrick to sign the bid, being contingent on timing and insurance, was made by Brad and seconded by Ari. All Board members voted in favor.
RESOLUTION ACCEPTING BID FOR SERVICES TO REPAIR THE EXTERIOR OF VILLAGE HALL
WHEREAS, the Village of Dering Harbor desires to make certain repairs the exterior of Village Hall, including general carpentry and painting services, and repairs to doors, shutters, steps, columns, fences and gutters; and
WHEREAS, a notice to bidders was published and two bids were received and opened on August 13, 2021; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Trustees reviewed the two bids and found that the bid from CHRIS CHOBOR CONSTRUCTION, INC. in the amount of $85,250.00 is the lowest responsible bid.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees of the Village of Dering Harbor hereby accepts the bid from CHRIS CHOBOR CONSTRUCTION, INC. in the amount of $85,250.00 as the lowest responsible bid for services to repair the exterior of Village Hall; and authorizes the Mayor or Deputy Mayor to execute a contract on behalf of the Board of Trustees and the Village of Dering Harbor.
● A motion to adjourn at 9:19am was made by Brad and seconded by Karen. All Board members present voted in favor.