Village of Dering Harbor
Board of Trustees
Special Meeting Minutes
December 30th, 2021, 9:30 AM (via Zoom)
- The meeting called to order at 9:04am
- Attendance: Patrick Parcells (mayor), Trustees Ari Benacerraf, Brad Goldfarbe; Wayne Bruyn (village attorney), Vicki Shields (village clerk), Donna Ritzzmann (Timothy Hogue’s stenographer), Susan Dempsey (S.I. Reporter)
- Patrick read the purpose of the meeting, which was to review and consider a resolution to authorize the acquisition of an easement of a property- 9A Yoco Road.
- Patrick shared some background on this and noted all of the discussions and Public Hearings that have been held in relation to this over the past year. Patrick noted that the owner, Dan Calabro, has been very cooperative throughout the process. He then went on to read the following resolution:
WHEREAS, the property of 9A Yoco Road LLC, with a street address at 9A Yoco Road in the Village of Dering Harbor, and designated as SCTM# 0701-001.00-03.00-008.000 (the “9A Yoco Property”), is surrounded by properties of the Village of Dering Harbor used for municipal and public water supply purposes; and
WHEREAS, the 9A Yoco Property is more particularly described in a deed dated February 24, 2017 and recorded in the office of the Suffolk County Clerk on April 12, 2017 in Liber 12908, page 220; and
WHEREAS, the 9A Yoco Property is a trapezoidal shaped-parcel of land with a maximum width of 44’ and a depth of 163 feet consisting of approximately 6,400 square feet (0.15 acres); and
WHEREAS, the replacement of the water tank on the adjoining Village property revealed the existence of decades old water mains running under and across the 9A Yoco Property and the necessity to utilize a portion 9A Yoco Property to maintain the water tank facilities in their current location; and
WHEREAS, a public hearing was held on April 19, 2021 pursuant to Article 2 of the Eminent Domain Procedure Law of the State of New York with respect to the acquisition of the 9A Yoco Property; and
WHEREAS, in lieu of further Eminent Domain proceedings, 9A Yoco Road LLC has offered to sell to the Village an easement for the furtherance of public water supply facilities and related municipal purposes for consideration of $7,500.00; and
WHEREAS, a public hearing was held on December 11, 2021 to consider the acquisition of the aforementioned easement with no objections being expressed.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees of the Village of Dering Harbor hereby authorizes the acquisition of an easement for the furtherance of public water supply facilities and related municipal purposes in and over the property of 9A Yoco Road LLC; situate at 9A Yoco Road, in the Village of Dering Harbor, Town of Shelter Island, County of Suffolk, State of New York and designated as SCTM# 0701-001.00-03.00-008.000, more particularly described in a deed dated February 24, 2017 and recorded in the office of the Suffolk County Clerk on April 12, 2017 in Liber 12908, page 220 (which deed inadvertently misspelled Yoco as Yoko), for consideration of $7,500.00, to be payable to Daniel Calabro (as sole member of 9A Yoco Road LLC) and related title costs not to exceed $745.00; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Mayor is authorized to sign and execute all documents necessary to close title and permit the easement to be duly recorded in the Office of the Suffolk County Clerk.
A motion to adopt this resolution was made by Ari and seconded by Brad. All Board members present voted in favor.
- A motion to adjourn at 9:34am was made by Brad and seconded by Ari. All Board members voted in favor.