INCORPORATED VILLAGE OF DERING HARBOR
LOCAL LAW NO. 1 OF THE YEAR 2013
A LOCAL LAW SETTING SPEED LIMITS ON CERTAIN ROADS IN THE VILLAGE OF DERING HARBOR
BE IT ENACTED BY THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE INCORPORATED VILLAGE OF DERING HARBOR
Section 1.0 Enactment, Effective Date, Purpose and Definitions.
1.1 Title of Local Law
1.3 Effective Date.
1.5 Purpose and Intent of Local Law.
2.0 General Provisions
2.1 Speed regulations
Section 1.0 Title, Enactment, Effective Date, Purpose, and Definitions.
This Local Law shall be entitled “Local Law No. of 2013 of the Incorporated Village of Dering Harbor, a Local Law Setting Speed Limits on Certain Roads in the Village of Dering Harbor.”
Pursuant to Section 10 of the Home Rule Law and the Village Law of the State of New
York the Incorporated Village of Dering Harbor County of Suffolk and State of New
York, hereby enacts by this Local Law of 2013, a Local Law of the Village of Dering Harbor.
1.3. Effective Date.
This local law shall take effect on the filing of the approved Local Law with the Secretary of State of New York, which shall be within twenty (20) days after its approval by the Board of Trustees of the Incorporated Village of Dering Harbor.
The Board of Trustees hereby finds that the speed limit roads in the Village of Dering Harbor of thirty miles and hour is excessive and a threat to public safety and well being and that a speed limit of not greater than twenty-five miles and hour should be enforced on the roads in the Village.
1.5. Purpose and Intent of Local Law.
The purpose and intent of this Local Law is to protect the safety and well-being of the residents of the Village and their guests and families by restricting the speed limit of motor vehicles in the Village of Dering Harbor to twenty-five miles an hour.
2.0 General Provisions
A. The following roads in the Village of Dering Harbor shall have a speed limit of twenty-five miles per hour.
1. Manhanset Road from the intersection of Manhanset Road with the southern boundary of the Village of Dering Harbor to the intersection of Manhanset Road with Shore Road.
2. Shore Road from the intersection of Shore Road and Manhanset Road to the intersection of Shore Road and Locust Point Road.
3. Locust Point Road from the intersection of Locust Point Road with the southern boundary of the Village of Dering Harbor to the intersection of Locust Point Road and Manhanset Road.
4. Dinah Rock Road from the intersection of Dinah Rock Road and Manhanset Road to the intersection of Dinah Rock Road and the eastern boundary of the Village of Dering Harbor.
5. Gardiner Way.
6. South Street
7. Yoco Road
8. Sylvester Road
9. Nicoll Road
10. Dering Lane
11. Dering Woods Road
12. Dering Woods Lane
13. Havens Road
1. Any person violating the regulations of this Local Law shall be liable for a fine not to exceed two hundred and fifty dollars ($ 250).
In the event that one or more sections of this local law should deemed to be void or invalid the remaining sections of the local law shall continue in effect.